Student Entrepreneur National Competition
The Enactus Canada Student Entrepreneur National Competition is the only national competition to focus solely on full time Canadian post-secondary student entrepreneurs.
Since 1997, this competition has celebrated the commitment, determination and achievements of full-time students enrolled in a Canadian university or college who are simultaneously operating their own businesses.
Student entrepreneurs present their businesses to panels of Canada’s business leaders in regional and national competitions in order to be named Enactus Canada’s Student Entrepreneur National Champion.
To be eligible for the award, students and their businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time undergraduate and/or graduate student at a Canadian university or college for the current academic year
- Be a founder and have at least 50% ownership of the company and be responsible for its operation
- Have been in business for at least the past six months
- Have not been a previous National Champion of this competition or competed in the final round of the Student Entrepreneur National Competition during the previous school year
Nomination and Application Process:
- In the fall of every year, nominations for the Student Entrepreneur National Competition are accepted through an online nomination process
- Nominees receive an application directly from Enactus Canada staff after they have been nominated
Provincial round of competition:
- Nominees are asked to submit an application outlining their company and their experience as an entrepreneur
- Judges in each province review applications and select provincial champions
Regional round of competition:
- 12 provincial champions compete in their respective regions (Western, Atlantic and Central Canada)
- The top two students from each region go on to compete at the Enactus Canada National Exposition
National round of competition:
- All six regional champions present their business, at the national level, to a panel of judges
- These judgesl determine the Student Entrepreneur National Champion
Prizes and Media Coverage
- Provincial champions each receive complementary lodging and travel to their respective regional competition
- Regional champions each receive a $1,000 cash prize PLUS complimentary lodging and travel to attend the Enactus Canada National Exposition
- The Student Entrepreneur National Champion receive a $10,000 cash prize PLUS complimentary lodging and travel to attend the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards if he or she qualifies
- Enactus Canada pursues local, provincial and national media coverage for each provincial, regional and national champion
The Student Entrepreneur National Champion advances to represent Canada at the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards.